Lindsay Frost's Reviews > Rising Shadow

# of Pages:378 pages
Age Rating: +13
My Rating:5 Stars

Synopsis:
Ashlyn Woods just transferred to one of the most beautiful campuses on the west coast, where she can't wait to start her life over as a normal college student. But her plans take an unexpected turn when she discovers that she is a Soterian: a person who develops amazing powers when the balance of good and evil shifts too far in evil's favor. Soon she and the other Soterians are studying martial arts and learning to use their powers to prevent California from being plunged into chaos. But they quickly discover that they're up against a much more dangerous enemy than they anticipated. And when Ashlyn meets Kai, a devastatingly gorgeous guitar player, she realizes she must sacrifice more than she ever imagined.

Review:
After reading alot of "Vampire" books, this book wasa nice break. The "Rising Shadow" is my cup of coffee, I love reading books like this with boys/girls have superpower.( like Maximun Ride or Spiderman.)
And the author wrote it so that it wasn'y the same old I-got-superpower-and-stop-the-badguys- from-taking-over-the -world, but it was different.
I thought it was interesting how the "bad guy" is show as evil and that it can never go way, just slow down or stopped for some time.
Ashiyn seem like a real person, she reacted like how anyone would and she was tough,able to hold her ground and she wasn't the whining type of girl. And as for Kely, I thought that he was going to be like all of the other "bad boy" but no, he wasn't. He was kind and very helpful to Ashiyn.(and it's nice to know that there are still some "Good boy")
Thus book is SO NEAT!! I can't wait for the next book! You should read it! If you are the kind of person who like to read about superpower or that kind of stuff, then you will love this book!
I give it 5 stars!

Enjoy!:D:D
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rising Shadow.