Idalia's Reviews > Deadly Little Secret

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Nov 21, 2009

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in November, 2009

Deadly Little Secret surpassed my expectations. It was suspenful, thrilling, and intriguing all in one book. From the cover you get the impression of ghost, mystery, and a combination between paranormal and romantic. Which, is all this book is about. I am so happy I read it!

One gloomy day as Camelia walked, something unexpected happened, she almost got run over by a car, a mysterious guy reached out and saved her life. She felt his touch and it thrilled he she felt it all over her body, even though he was only touching one part of her body. Before Camelia gets to thank him for saving her life the mysterious guy disappears. Three months later, the mystery guy, Ben, is enrolled in her school. Rumors say he pushed his girlfriend down a cliff after strangling her. Camelia shuts her self from believing any of the rumors and believes, he's a good guy, the guy that saved her life. Ben denies ever saving her life, and claims, he is being mistaken for someone else. Strange things happen to Camelia, she is being stalked. Phone calls, mysterious gifts, and letters, she is receiving. Who could it be? Ben says she's in danger? Where will Camelia end up and unravel the secret?

This paranormal romance thriller will have you trying to solve the mystery for hours. It had interesting ingredients of mystery, romance, and action, to complement the thrilling plot. Everytime I thought I'd solved the mystery, Stolarz would put something I didn't see coming. From the beginning the suspense goes on and on. The hook is immediately on the first page. It made me never get enough of it. At some point it did slow down, but it always thrilled me to see what was going to happen next. The light writing had me engaged into the book, although I would have liked it to be more descriptive. There wasn't much character development, it didn't really bother me. I found the plot very original, most importantly "the touch". Hot, mysterious, and sexy Ben was my favorite character. He gave the book and air of sensuality, and danger.

At the end of the book, it had me exhausted on trying to follow the story and the many twist and turns. But, I found it fascinating. Stolarz definitely has a gift for story telling. I look forward to reading the sequel in the near future for more- action, thrill, and romance.

Reposeted from by book blog: http://thebookshopaholic.blogspot.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Secret.

11/26/2009 page 133