Elizabeth's Reviews > Time of My Life

Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch

Nov 21, 09

When I picked it up, I thought I was just going to breeze through another Chick Lit read, but this book had so much more to it. The premise is, what would you do if you could go back in time and live your life over again. Would you make the same choices? What would happen if you picked another person to marry? These are the questions facing heroine Jillian. She seems to have everything. A beautiful suburban home, a wonderful husband, and an adorable daughter. She's bored and unhappy, though. Her husband works long hours, their marriage is strained, she's tired of the relentlessness of motherhood, and her high standards and drive for perfection is driving her crazy. Hearing that an old boyfriend is getting married, she wonders what life would have been life if she wouldn't have let that one get away.

Magically whisked back in time, Jillian faces her past life with new eyes. Her choices ultimately lead her right back to where she was, but with some fantastic changes. Yes, I saw it coming, yes, it was relatively predictable, but this book got me thinking about some really serious things. Would I do it over again if I had the chance? And what would I change?

I highly recommend.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time of My Life.