Mounica's Reviews > The Adoration of Jenna Fox

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Nov 21, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, sci-fi

Jenna Fox has been in coma for a year since her accident. When she wakes up, she doesn’t recognize the people that are supposed to be her parents. She doesn’t remember her past. She watches videos of her life though it all feels like it happened to someone else. Not her. Slowly she regains memories and starts to piece them together, but she still wants answers. What happened? What are they hiding from me? Who am I? she questions.

It was a good futuristic sci-fi story. The concept of the book kept me interested.

But, in my opinion, the story had no depth.

The plot had the potential to make a great compelling book. However, many of the characters didn’t feel real, and I never got a full scope of them (Dane especially). Even Ethan didn’t ring true to me. The romance felt fake, as if it was thrown in simply to appeal the YA readers who didn’t like the science fiction aspect of the book. The story was lagging at times, and the same thoughts of Jenna were repeated throughout the book.

The story could have broadened more. It’s like there could have been one more step for improvement, but the author chose not to take it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adoration of Jenna Fox.

Quotes Mounica Liked

Mary E. Pearson
“My timing is off. But I had to get it out. Some things you have to tell, no matter how stupid they may sound. Some things you can't save for later. There might not be a later. ”
Mary E. Pearson, The Adoration of Jenna Fox