Auntee's Reviews > Two Plus One

Two Plus One by Brynn Paulin

Nov 22, 09

bookshelves: 2009_reads, e-books, erotic-romance, ménage
Recommended for: Fans of erotic short stories
Read in November, 2009

Darn, I just lost the review I'd just written...*sigh*

Okay, here I go again...This was a short story (50-something pages) about a 33 year old college math professor (Briony Swift) and her affair with her two former students, 27 year old Nic and Leo. Although technically they weren't her students when the affair began, something about it came close to being 'icky" for me.

Briony's petite, pretty, and smart, but she has a bum leg (she walks with a big limp and uses a cane) that she injured while skiing as a teen. The accident has left her scarred physically as well as emotionally, and she finds comfort in her ordered world of math where one plus one equals two and there are no surprises.

Dark and hunky friends Nic and Leo are college students but also successful travel writers who have already published a book. They spot Briony working out in a gym and follow her for two years before they make their move and take her Algebra class (which they don't need). Towards the end of the semester they decide that they can't take it anymore--being around Briony and not being able to do more is driving them crazy! So they decide to drop her class--and proposition her (in graphic terms). Since they would no longer be her students, there's nothing standing it their way from having her, right?

Briony is shocked with Nic and Leo's proposition--she had no idea they felt that way about her, although she had noticed they paid particularly close attention to her in class. And if she could admit it to herself, she had noticed how utterly attractive they are. But they're her students--it's wrong, wrong, wrong to feel that way! But if they're determined to drop her class so they could be with her, then maybe...?

Well, this develops just as you'd expect. After a little cajoling, Briony takes Nic and Leo up on their offer, and has a little weekend fling with them. Briony is used to living a vanilla life, and Nic and Leo are anything but vanilla. The threesome have some hot times, and even include an icicle to help 'cool' Briony off. But of course, someone from work finds out just what's putting the 'smile' on Briony's face, and trouble ensues. Will Briony chose the safety of her career, or will she throw caution to the wind and take her chances with Nic and Leo?

Hmm. I thought this was a pretty well-written story, and despite the subject matter, it was by no means a total sex-fest. (Although those scenes were certainly hot). I just wished I liked the characters a bit more. Nic was sort of a hot-head when he didn't get his way, and I thought both he and Leo bordered on the stalkerish. They had this idea that once they saw Briony, she was "the one". They were big believers in fate, kismet, etc, and were kind of relentless in their pursuit. I'm just wondering what they would've done if Briony told them she wasn't interested. I also didn't totally buy it that after one weekend together, they were "in love". Ahh, Romancelandia...

There is an epilogue in this one, which I found a bit preposterous. I guess anything's possible...If you're not bothered by the whole "hot for teacher" vibe or a couple of stalkerish heroes, you may enjoy this one. And you'll probably enjoy the erotic sex scenes (don't forget about the icicle). I wasn't totally sold on this one, but it's good enough to rate 3 1/2 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Plus One.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Auntee!

message 2: by Dina (new)

Dina Ick, ick, ick! This story isn't for me. Thanks for the detailed review, Auntee. :)

message 3: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Great review Auntee.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Nice review, Auntee.

Darn, I just lost the review I'd just written...*sigh*

This has happened to me a couple of times.

Auntee Thanks!

Karen wrote: "Nice review, Auntee.

Darn, I just lost the review I'd just written...*sigh*

This has happened to me a couple of times. "

Don't you just hate that? You panic, you scamble, you wonder where is IT!:)

message 6: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim Gret review auntee. I was turned off immediatly when I read they followed her for two years. Too creepy for me.

message 7: by Dina (new)

Dina Kim, I'm ashamed to admit that some stalkerish heroes are OK to me. Namely, the ones created by Lisa Marie Rice and Shannon McKenna. I know I'm sick... ;)

Auntee Kim wrote: "Gret review auntee. I was turned off immediatly when I read they followed her for two years. Too creepy for me."

Yeah, that kind of freaked me out too, them watching her, planning on approaching her...

Auntee Dina wrote: "Kim, I'm ashamed to admit that some stalkerish heroes are OK to me. Namely, the ones created by Lisa Marie Rice and Shannon McKenna. I know I'm sick... ;)"

I know what you mean, Dina--I like LMR and SM's stalkerish heroes too! Maybe this one didn't work for me because I didn't know enough about them.

message 10: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim I liked most of McKenna's stalkers, too, Dina. I don't knwo. Something just sounded more creepy with the students watching her at the gym.

message 11: by Dina (new)

Dina What I found creepy in this story was the teacher/student combo. Ugh!

message 12: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Yuck! Not the story for me either. Sounds like it's a little far out of my comfort zone.

message 13: by Shawna (last edited Nov 23, 2009 02:58PM) (new) - added it

Shawna Great review Auntee!