Lori's Reviews > Cowboy Christmas

Cowboy Christmas by Mary Connealy

Dec 03, 09

bookshelves: books-i-ve-reviewed
Recommended for: Christian fiction fans, historical romance fans, western romance fans
Read in October, 2009, read count: 1

Cowboy Christmas was not at all what I expected. Honestly, it took me awhile to read it. I picked it up, and put it down, quite a few times before I finally finished it. That's highly unusual for Mary's books...normally I devour them in one sitting. I don't know why it didn't hold my attention as much as her other books, such as, Montana Rose, which I absolutely loved! (my review here) That being said, Cowboy Christmas is not a bad book, it just didn't draw me in for some reason. I have been having a hard time getting into my normal reading mood this past week, so maybe it's me, and not the book at all. If you find this book appealing, by all means, pick up a copy and read it for yourself. I plan to read it again later on, and see if I feel differently.

The character of Ruby Walker was my favorite. I loved her gritty determination, and loyalty to her son, as well as her friends and ranch hands. She also stayed true to God through all of her trials and heart-break. She took Annie under her wing from the very beginning, and didn't waver in her belief of Annie's innocence...even when her own son had plenty of doubts.

Elijah and Annie's journey to find each other is a long and difficult one; hindered by many feelings of self-doubt, untrustworthy feelings, and heartrending grief. In the end, they come to the conclusion that with God, all things truly are possible.

*I purchased this book myself on eBay, and will be passing it on to my Mom*
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboy Christmas.