Rebecca's Reviews > Hate List

Hate List by Jennifer Brown

Jan 09, 10

Read in January, 2010

Hate List is one of those rare finds that leaves you completely stunned and quite literally sends your emotions running around in circles.

As I was reading Hate List I found myself on the edge of my seat wanting to know more about everything in the book. I really loved Valerie as a character, I found myself feeling so bad for her. I hated the way that almost everyone treated her. I think that in a way I found Valerie to be so relatable was because she had flaws and she wasn't perfect, she was a typical girl.
I loved how Jennifer Brown put together the novel with the main story but also some newspaper articles about the incident. It all tied nicely together and created one very good book.

The ending was incredibly emotional and I felt tears prickling in my eyes as I was reading it.
Hate List brings up some very interesting issues and I found it amazing to read how sometimes the smallest little things can escalate into something that becomes out of control. I was also surprised about how sometimes people say things without thinking and then later these little things can become huge.

I feel like I could go on forever about how much I loved Hate List. But I think if I did that there would be no point in anyone who reads this to read the book. So I will stop here and say that if you have not read Hate List then you definitely need to. It is a must-read!
21 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hate List.

11/20/2009 page 10