LuvGirl's Reviews > To Love a Dark Lord

To Love a Dark Lord by Anne Stuart

Jan 30, 10

bookshelves: owned-keeper, 3-stars
Read in December, 2009

The beginning of this book was excellent. I loved that the hero was hard core and wasn't drooling all over himself for the heroine right away. His character was well developed as a heartless hero, but I lost interest towards the end. The secondary romance that the story had was not interesting to me and by the end things started to get too predictable. If the book wasn't so long I probably wouldn't have lost interest but it just didn't have the appeal that it held at the start. I gave it 3 stars because it was very enjoyable for the first 200 pages and I couldn't put it down then.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Love a Dark Lord.

LuvGirl Finally! A book that i'm actually enjoying!

Eastofoz Oh wow I hated this book (lol!) I read it shortly after her excellent Ice series and I was sooooooooooo monumentally disappointed. Hope you still like it by the end :)

Eastofoz It was a sucky read :-/

message 4: by Karla (new)

Karla Someone here on GR just told me that the hard core hero turns into a happy baby-making farmer at the end. Yikes! Way to ruin a hero, Stuart!

Eastofoz Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) wrote: "Someone here on GR just told me that the hard core hero turns into a happy baby-making farmer at the end. Yikes! Way to ruin a hero, Stuart!"

LOL! A totally bizarre 180 if you ask me.

Tammy Walton Grant Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) wrote: "Someone here on GR just told me that the hard core hero turns into a happy baby-making farmer at the end. Yikes! Way to ruin a hero, Stuart!"

You're so right -- there was a silly, sappy, epilogue tacked onto the end. And he was SO bad at the beginning! Me no likey. :(

LuvGirl Yup, I bailed towards the end when I started to predict the madness.