Carol's Reviews > A Land Beyond Ravens

A Land Beyond Ravens by Kathleen Cunningham Guler

Jan 23, 10

bookshelves: first-reads, favorites
Read in January, 2010

Loved it! As someone who is enthralled with Arthurian legend, I found it intriguing and refreshing to read a tale that added new characters and twists. At the same time, keeping several of the essential characters and places of Arthur legends was key to keep me interested in the story. While I know Arthur’s traditional fate, I was always kept in suspense of the fate of the other character’s and how Arthur’s journey would fit in with the new main characters.

As the end unfolded, I still could not figure out how the tale would end for Marcus and Claerwen (the main characters). This kept me interested until the final pages, and I was not disappointed.

Also, I believe it is important to mention that I have not read the first three books in this series and that did not impede my reading, understanding and enjoyment at all. I cannot wait to get my hands on the first three novels to get the details on the main characters’ lives before this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Land Beyond Ravens.

12/22/2009 page 16
12/29/2009 page 45
11.72% "So far it is interesting. I was worried about not reading the first 3 books, but it does not seem to matter."
01/03/2010 page 93
24.22% "Enjoying the book and characters so far. I am wondering what is going to happen next just as much as the characters."
01/06/2010 page 125
32.55% "Wishing I had more time to read, silly work. I find the book and characters extremely interesting so far and want to read the earlier books"
01/18/2010 page 256
66.67% "I am glad some mysteries are starting to be answered while more intriguing ones are popping up."
01/21/2010 page 299
77.86% "Excited to be towards the end. I have greatly enjoyed these characters."
show 12 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carol Just finished a very shocking part, can't wait to finish this weekend!