Ryan Craft's Reviews > Emotional Intelligence 2.0

Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry

Nov 20, 09

bookshelves: 2009, business, 2010, psychology, non-fiction

I was ready to purchase the authors' previous book on the topic of emotional intelligence (EQ) but a reviewer suggested I look at this one. I agree and highly recommend this 2.0 edition as well. I am very familiar with emotional intelligence but have had trouble finding the time and methods to put it into practice. Like the authors said, "Knowing about EQ and putting it to work are two very different things."

This book combines the two elements of knowledge plus the practical skills you need to apply that knowledge. I'm very impressed with the simple yet insightful strategies in the book, as well as the test that showed me which strategies to focus on, based upon my scores. Not only did I found out where I fell short (self-management skill) but also knew exactly the things I needed to work on to increase this skill. The test report recommended which strategies in the book I need to work on (and specific pages to go to). The e-learning, goal tracking, and video clips WITHIN the online test report are something I haven't seen in other assessments or programs. The authors really had us, the learners, in mind when they wrote the book and developed the test.

Very accessible and user-friendly. Bravo for the book and a standing ovation for the test!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emotional Intelligence 2.0.