Willow's Reviews > Lover Eternal

Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward

:sigh: Rhage.

This book was surprising to me. Don't get me wrong, from the first introduction to Rhage in Dark Lover, I was ready for his book. Come on, he's gorgeous, gets off on beating the shit out of lessers, and is always running off at the mouth. I wanted to see the type of woman that could tame this Brother.

I loved everything about this book. I can't say enough about Ward and the way in which she can hit all the needed points for a romance (and SO well) but also develop these meaty stories that deliver action, heartbreak, laughs, steam and thoughtful moments. These stories aren't fluff, and you don't forget them.

Rhage's story is everything you wanted it to be. We get to see exactly how tortured he is by the beast and the anonymous sex, and the way he is completely unhinged by Mary. Their first scene together stole my breath away. I also love Mary. Another of my favorite shellans. Her inner monologue was pitch perfect, and her struggle was incredibly heartbreaking and realistic. Watching Rhage step up to the plate to be with her whatever the cost, was amazing and lovely and ridiculously romantic.

Also, we get to see the Brotherhood together in their new digs and it's a new era of cohesiveness with Wrath as king, and it's just a lot of sweet moments and badass fun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Eternal.