Patti's Reviews > The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom

The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz

Oct 17, 2007

did not like it
bookshelves: woo-woo

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Four Agreements.

message 1: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Laura Okay, now I am really curious! Everyone seems to give this book 5 stars. I have never read it, because I lean more toward the brain-twisting Carlos Castaneda books. But I would love to know why you gave it only one star. Was it just a rehash of the same old New Age stuff? I have no idea, so that's why I am asking.

message 2: by Patti (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Patti Yeah, in my opinion it was just the same stuff I've read in so many other places - rehashed, repackaged. I also must admit it was given to me by an old boss who was the wickedest witch in the west, but who seemed to think that I was the one who needed to improve my spiritual life. (she lied, cheated, stole from, and backstabbed employees and clients) The book was pre-tainted by her touch!

message 3: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Laura Oh, my! Over the years on my spiritual path I have run into several people who sound just like your old boss. Yikes! That's when I learned how important it is to "walk your talk." I've even met spiritual authors who don't walk their talk either. I was shocked. But it was a good lesson for me, and made me realize as an author it is more important than ever for me to walk the spiritual talk in my novels.

That's why I asked. I have seen the book at my local B&N and flipped through it, and it looked like a rehash of the same stuff I see in lots of New Age-type books. Now I know it is. Thanks for telling me about it!