Edna Lyn's Reviews > Caressed by Ice

Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh

Jun 07, 13

bookshelves: 2009, paranormal-romance, 2011, signed, 2013
Read from November 20 to 21, 2009, read count: 3

So, um, wow. Even that is an understatement. LOL. I thought Lucas and Sascha were amazing but hell if Judd and Brenna just didn't just blow me away. I swear it's like Judd messed with my mind, I feel like I can't put any proper thoughts down, haha. This was such a nice change from the previous books, now with a Psy and a female changeling. There was not one part with these two that I didn't like. Their romance was as perfect as perfect can get.

The councilor scenes in Visions of Heat slowed the book down for me so I was glad to see there weren't many of them in Caressed by Ice. There were Psy parts I did like, though—the scenes with the Ghost, the priest, and the assassin aka Judd (sounds like an opening to a joke, doesn't it?).

Additionally what missing a lot in the last installment was pack. I enjoy reading about both of the packs and there was plenty of scenes in here. Judd with Tai, Dorian, Hawke, Brenna's brothers. Judd was not only incredibly endearing in his relationship with Bren, but with little Ben when he covered for him. It was so very adorable. It's reminiscent of Sascha with the twins Julian and Roman in Slave to Sensation.

I have no clue what's coming up in the next book but I'm sure I'll start it up soon.

------

Reread: 2011

------

Reread: 6/4/13

Forever my favorite! The wolf and the assassin. No matter how many times I read this book it does not get old. Judd and Bren continue to be my #1 couple from this series and I'm not sure if they'll ever get pushed from that spot. I love their story and how they complement each other so well. They help one another to accept their past and who they are and move on from it, being survivors, not victims.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caressed by Ice.

05/31/2013 page 74
21.0% "If Judd wanted revenge he'd send Sienna Hawke's way. LOLOLOL. These are the good ol' days." 23 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ami (last edited Nov 21, 2009 02:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ami Heee, I'm so happy to see that you love this book too. It's just awesome. And how can you not love Judd :D Actually, the part with the Ghost and the Psy rebellions will continue in the next book of the series. They're like the subplot; really interesting without taking away the spotlight from the romance.

Edna Lyn I had such a great time reading this one. It was hard to put down.

Oh good, I'm glad to hear about the rebellion plot. That's exactly what I want, while it's intriguing I don't want it to be overwhelming. I'll start the next one as soon as I get a hold of a copy.