Gricel's Reviews > Truly, Madly

Nov 22, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: arcs
I own a copy

This review is based on an ARC copy. I got my copy through Barnes & Noble's First Look Book Club. This book will be released in February 2010.

Heather Webber's Truly, Madly is a fast-paced, fun read with a dash of mystery and suspense thrown in for good measure.

Lucy Valentine, daughter of world-renowned matchmaker Oscar Valentine, is a little skeptical when it comes to love and matchmaking, but when her father gets caught in a compromising and career-threatening position, Lucy is left to run Valentine, Inc. and maintain the companies near perfect record for matches. Nevermind that Lucy lost the famous (and secret) power that has made the Valentines successful matchmakers for countless generations, independent Lucy has a job to do and a lot to prove.

But Lucy soon finds that there is more to matchmaking than finding complementary auras. When client Michael Lafferty tells Lucy the story of a long-lost first love, Lucy finds herself tangled in a mystery that she never expected.

Hiring Sean Donahue, PI, to find Michael's old girlfriend, Lucy feels an instant electric connection that challenges everything she's ever thought about love and attraction.

What is a reluctant matchmaker to do when she knows she's cursed to never find her own perfect match?

---

When I first heard about Truly, Madly on the First Look Book Club, I thought it sounded like a fun read and it certainly was. I was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, but the book was very readable and I didn't want to put it down! The blurb on the back of the book promises that there will be at least two other books in the series (there is a preview of the next book, Deeply, Desperately) and I will definitely be looking for them in future.

The characters were charismatic and believable (yes, even with the psychic powers), and the plot was engaging and well-developed.

I recommend this book for anyone interested in a fun romantic mystery. I think fans of Meg Cabot's series will probably enjoy it as well.

Gricel @ things-she-read.org
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truly, Madly.