Tippy Jackson's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Sep 05, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, re-read

** spoiler alert ** Update: I just finished re-reading all of the Harry Potter books and I've upgraded my rating. Because I had waited so long between reading the 6th and the 7th books, I think I lost touch with the characters in between and didn't appreciate this one for all of its magnificence. After reading them altogether, I am completely amazed at the masterpiece J.K. Rowling has produced. It touched my heart; I will forever love Harry Potter and his friends.

One small blemish, the 19 years later part. Very cheesy and left out the stuff I most wanted to know. I could care less that they had a coupla offspring. Who was headmaster at Hogwarts? Did Harry become an Auror? Could he be Minister of Magic or a Hogwarts headmaster? We found out Neville was a teacher, what about the rest of them?

Original Review:
I believe this says it all:

LOL!

"Ron: Wow. Neville. You are hardcore. Fucking Henry Rollins.

Hermione: Yeah, it's a shame You-Know-Who decided Harry was the
subject of the prophesy, because you'd make a much better hero to this
series. All this time people have been stuck reading about us camping
in the woods and wiping our asses with leaves, while you've been here
doing interesting stuff."

Hedwig dies. Doby dies. Mad-Eye dies. Tonks dies. Lupin dies. Fred dies. Oh and the wanderings. and whinings. more whining than in any of the other books. Overall, I still couldn't put it down, but it didn't have as much pay off as the other books. Good stuff though.