Kevin's Reviews > The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove

The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore

Nov 19, 2009

Read in November, 2009

Pine Cove is a cozy little town nestled into the forests of northern California. During vacation season, the town is overrun with tourists. When that season dies down, so does the town. It just becomes your everyday, run-of-the-mill nothing burg. This off-season, however, is different. A suicide has rocked the populace, the town's shrink has decided to conduct an experiment in which she replaces everyone's depression meds with placebos, and a nearby nuclear reactor has sprung a tiny leak. But it's just enough of a leak to awaken a massive sea monster that has long been in hibernation in the Pacific Ocean... Awaken it and lure it to the town with the promise of copious amounts of sex and food. And, truly, is there anything we want more than sex and food?

I have no idea how Christopher Moore comes up with this stuff. His book ideas are so random and ridiculous and insane sounding... yet he always makes them work as novels. As per usual, his writing is hilarious, his characters are well fleshed out, and the reads are fast, leaving you wanting more (or "Moore" as the case may be. Ha!). Thankfully, I finished this just in time that I could re-read The Stupidest Angel, which features many of the same characters from this book in a holiday tale for the ages.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove.