Cheryl's Reviews > The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Feb 08, 10

bookshelves: 2010-ya-reading-challenge, 2010-library-books, science-fiction
Read from February 03 to 06, 2010

This book was exciting and full of action. At first I wasn't sure about it, but I got into it and just had to see what happened.

Thomas wakes up to find himself in the Glades which is surrounded by a maze. He doesn't remember where he came from or any past memories.

Thomas discovers that every 30 days, a new boy is brought into the maze just like he was. Supplies are provided to the boys, but they don't know where they come from. Some of the boys who are runners, go through the maze and try to figure it out. Those boys get more supplies such as shoes and weapons. In two years, nobody can figure out the maze. They go through it every day (if they go through it at night, the monsters will eat them), and draw up maps and try to figure it out. The maze changes every day, so they try to keep track of patterns.

The day after Thomas arrives, a girl appears in the Glade - the first one ever. She tells them, "Everything is about to change", before collapsing into a coma. He feels like he somehow knows that girl.

The ending is very surprising and leaves you wondering what is going to happen in the next book. I liked this book enough that I will read the next book!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maze Runner.

02/04/2010 page 62