Leeanna's Reviews > The Sundering

Nov 18, 09

bookshelves: i-own
Read in February, 2013

Warcraft, War of the Ancients 3: The Sundering, by Richard A. Knaak

"The Sundering" is the final installment in the War of the Ancients trilogy, a series set in the universe of World of Warcraft. The night elves and other races of Azeroth are perched on the edge of losing their lives and their world to the Burning Legion...

Knaak created a truly epic story in this trilogy, taking the story and universe of Blizzard's award winning game series and creating memorable characters, an intriguing plot, and fantastic battles. He had to play in a world where many readers will already know most of the storyline, but didn't let that stop him from delivering a very enjoyable series. "The Sundering" has to wrap up all the loose ends of the previous two books, and it does that in a very nice manner. I read most of this book in 2 sittings, as I was eager to know how everything would finish up. And normally I'm not a real fan of too many battle scenes, but the final battle in "The Sundering" is very enjoyable; Knaak has a knack for writing good battles. I would say it isn't a fight that should be missed.

As I've said about the other books in the trilogy, "The Sundering" is full of lore that will make any Warcraft fan happy. I loved knowing what happened to Illidan...how he went evil. How Malfurion became the first of the druids. Why Mount Hyjal is an important part of the landscape. Little things will likely click into place in your mind as you read the book; I know I have some new questions and theories about why things are the way they are in the Warcraft universe.

The War of the Ancients is a trilogy I'm apt to read when I'm a little sick of playing World of Warcraft, and it almost always generates interest in playing again.

5/5.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sundering.