Carmen's Reviews > No One You Know

No One You Know by Michelle Richmond

Nov 19, 09

bookshelves: my-library, arcs, won-it
Read in August, 2008

This story is told with such emotion and real thought that it took me by surprise. Once I started, I found it really hard to put down as I really wanted to know the truth about Lila's death. Michelle Richmond's story at first glance seems like a mystery that the sister of the victim will solve. But it feels like more than that. She brings elements of math, astrology, science and literature together to compliment the storyline. The relationships in the book are also beautifully written and each proved to be important to the story. Each character that was overlooked in the beginning actually contributed to how the death plays out. It is a story about how through unfortunate circumstances, different characters set off in different directions. Andrew Thorpe, who wrote about Lila's story, came to gain fame and an escape from his rut in life. Peter McConnell who was pointed out as the murderer is ruined from the story though it was never proved that he murdered Lila. As for Ellie, her life was dictated by the book and its ideas about her and her family. This is definitely a read that I would recommend to anyone.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No One You Know.