Jennifer's Reviews > The Tension of Opposites

The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride

Jun 24, 10

bookshelves: wishlist-books-published, wishlist

Read my full review here.

Bottom Line – if I had to sum up The Tension of Opposites using only two words I would use, Brave Love. These two innocuous little words, usually, I will admit, not seen together, can encompass an ocean, drag up feelings, sometimes we would rather not give voice to. But, they fit – like your grandparents hands fit inside each other, each worn in away that complements the other, allowing warmth, desire, and love to seep into each crack, line and bend.

Elle and Tessa are powerful characters, in this emotionally charged, story about what happens after, disaster strikes someone you love more than yourself. Kristina McBride, with her authentic voice and powerful subjects, has demanded attention, which is oftentimes reserved for more seasoned authors. She's not only proven herself, with her debut but has proved that not only does she have a voice that belongs in YA Literature, she's a voice that needs to be heard, felt and devoured. Kudo's to you Kristina, your debut novel is powerful, permeable and eloquent - I devoured it and I can't wait to read more! I give The Tension of Opposites 5 mushrooms.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tension of Opposites.

06/03/2010 page 77
26.74% "starting a bit slow, but intriguing at the same time"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! I have been really wanting to read this one, so I am happy to hear you like it!

Jennifer It was a bit hard to read, being a mom and all - it's about a scary topic, but it's authentic voice left me excited to see what happen next. I hope you enjoy it!