Darcy's Reviews > Shift

Shift by Rachel Vincent

Feb 19, 10

bookshelves: 2010, 2013, audio-book, shifters, uf, listened-to-at-work
Read on February 19, 2010

This was a great one to read as there was a lot of action going on and you are introduced to a new breed of shifter, the Thunderbirds, and finally Faythe has grown up enough to accept that if she is to be the Alpha she needs to make the hard decisions and live with the choices she has made.

This book is hard to review with out spoiling the storyline, but here are some random thoughts.

I have never been a fan of Faythe's mother, but in the first part of this book she finally steps up and becomes the person we heard she was when she was Faythe's age, and how fun it is.

Manx seems like she is getting ready to select a mate and it is interesting who she seems leaning towards.

It also in interesting how when someone like Malone wants power how evil they are willing to go to see things their way in the end. I feel sorry for all those around him, his wife, kids, and enforcers. They are in a tenuous state where if they don't go along with him and his plans it is the end of them, he will do whatever it takes to come out on top.

The whole Faythe/Marc/Jace love triangle is firmly established, neither guy is going to give her up. Up until this book I was firmly in the camp of Marc, but now have changed to Jace. Ethan's death and his tryst with Faythe have changed him into a better man, one who Marc can no longer discount.

I can't wait for the next book to see how it all settles out!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aimee Did they release this one early or something?

Darcy It has been available since Tuesday or before at B&N. You are really going to like it!!

Kris H. It did come out early. Her books tend to do that! I love that in an author!

Darcy I know it is like Christmas!!

Aimee OOOH! I'm off to B&N tomorrow! YAY!!!

Darcy Aimee I can see what you will be doing for a large part of the weekend. :)

Aimee lol. You know me so well!

Ally72 Oh Darcy...I am so envious that you have already read this! I wasn't sure I wanted to read it until "Alpha" comes out because of the whole love triangle, but I don't think I can! This sounds like it was really, really, really good. I am so glad you enjoyed it!!!

Darcy Ally I knew I would have no self control at waiting. LOL It seems to be easier when you HAVE to wait for the book, but it I knew it was out and had it sitting around the house, never going to happen.

There was so much going on in the book it was hard to read slow to get it all instead of burning through the book to the end.

message 10: by Ally72 (last edited Feb 20, 2010 12:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally72 Yah! I can't wait to start it...I love this series and it is one that I am up to date on.

Darcy...I don't know about you, but I liked Faythe's older brother who is a lawyer (I can't think of his name). I was disappointed that he was already married to a supermodel who didn't have a clue about his family. I could totally see his character being developed more. I was hoping something might develop between he and Manx, but I know that is not going to happen.

Darcy Michael is the brother, and he always seems to be in the background with no real value. I keep waiting for him to become a big part and it just doesn't happen.