Eastofoz's Reviews > My Unfair Lady

Nov 17, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: historical-regency, 2010, books-with-cooties
Read from August 19 to November 24, 2010

This book is so phenomenally bad it might just be the worst one I've read all year. I don't know how this kind of stuff even gets published.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Unfair Lady.

08/19/2010 page 1
0.0% "For some weird reason I thought this was Avon but it's Sourcebooks Casablanca which I've never heard of. I hope it doesn't suck. I rarely have luck with books from these lesser known publishers. Well, here we go...."
08/20/2010 page 50
13.0% "This is bad :-/ How many Dukes talk about whores in front of a lady (!) The author makes a sad attempt at switching from American English (everything is "ya'" this and "tarnation" that) and British English. God this is going to take me forever to get through.... :-o"
08/25/2010 page 250
65.0% "This book is sooooo bad I have to take a break before I lose it :-o" 8 comments
09/02/2010 page 265
69.0% "Trying to finish this is like slogging uphill through deep thick mud :-o"
11/23/2010 page 350
91.0% "Desperately trying to finish this bit of crap :-/" 4 comments

message 1: by Dina (new)

Dina East, is that all you have to say about this books? Come on, woman! We need details, LOL.

message 2: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Cootie rant!!

Eastofoz LOL! I'm leaving for vacation in a week and I have soooo many things still to do that I've been majorly slacking on my reviews which bugs me because then I won't remember why I liked or hated a book :-o To be continued though! (lol!)

message 4: by new_user (new)

new_user Oh, them be strong words! I'll be interested to read your review!

Eastofoz new_user wrote: "Oh, them be strong words! I'll be interested to read your review!"

LOL!!! Keep away from this book NU even if you get it for free I tell you! This is my first time trying an author from Sourcebooks and let me tell you that I won't be repeating that any time soon 8-)

Laura the Highland Hussy Sourcebooks isn't usually so bad! I'm sad to see this :(

btw, loved your shelf "books with cooties!"
cracked me up!

Eastofoz Laurie-Highland Hussy wrote: "Sourcebooks isn't usually so bad! I'm sad to see this :(

btw, loved your shelf "books with cooties!"
cracked me up!"

Only the truly bad ones go to that shelf Laurie and this was horrid! I don't know when/if I'll be trying another Sourcebooks author that's for sure....

Laura the Highland Hussy lol, Mary Wine is pretty good, but it's Highlanders so I'm biased :D

Eastofoz Never tried her and I love Highlanders :D I can't say I've found a good Highlander author either apart from the odd Julie Garwood.

Laura the Highland Hussy Have you read Monica McCarty or Donna Grant? Both do great jobs with Highlanders.

Eastofoz Monica McCarty is way too heavy on the narration and annoying detail/filler for my taste so she's a major no go. I haven't tried Donna Grant. I've tried Moning's Highlanders, and these authors I've tried one book but I didn't have any luck their either: Ranney, Harrington, London, Medeiros (her latest), Sinclair, MacGregor, Small. One worse than the other :)

Laura the Highland Hussy Hmm..Donna Grant is more paranormal highlanders. Maybe the change of pace will be a winner?

Raynak25 Wow! Highlander connisseurs! I'll have to check out Garwood and McCarty. I like Moning's (most of them except the first one) and Donna Grant. I'll have to look up Garwood's.