Edna's Reviews > Visions of Heat

Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh

Jun 13, 13

bookshelves: 2009, paranormal-romance, 2011, 2013
Read from November 18 to 19, 2009, read count: 3

I don't know. This was good but not great. A lot of the romance was like "been there done that". The entire plot as a whole was a bit anticimatic. I hate to admit it but I did find myself skimming parts. Now the ending with talk about a rebellion, that sparked my interest. I'm very curious to see that play out.

There were little bits and pieces of the secondary characters that I enjoyed immensely. Sienna irritating the hell out of Hawke, Judd helping out with Brenna...foreshadowing? Also speaking of Hawke, how charming is he? I have a feeling I'll really enjoy his story when it comes along.

This was a step down for me but this series still looks promising and I'm continuing on to the next book.

----

Reread: 2011

----

Reread: 5/30/13

Truthfully this time around I'd actually rate this 2 stars. Not the biggest fan of the romance in here so I pretty much skimmed it like I've done in the past. Love the cubs, Judd's assassin ways, Hawke being his awesome self, the talk of rebellion, etc.

I paid close attention to Kaleb. I'm even more convinced that (view spoiler)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Visions of Heat.

message 1: by Ami (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ami Yup, this is what I feel about the 2nd book too. Definitely my least favorite from the series. HOWEVER, you will get the glimpse of some of the characters, like Judd, Brenna, Hawke, Sienna, and others. Then you will understand why I say what I say in the reviews :D

Enjoy Judd and Brenna's story ...

Anica See, I told you so. Although I have to say I still enjoyed this book a lot. The things apart from the romance were just so good and I dunno, Vaughn really kept my interest. LOL

But Judd, AND Hawke...hmmm. You will love book 3! ;)

Edna Ami, I already commented on your review and I definitely share the same opinions.

Anica, the serial killer plot was boring to me and I hated all the Councilor parts. Oh and I didn't care too much for Faith *hides* LOL.

Anica LOL No problem. If you didn't like Faith, I am curious what you think of Talin... *hides*

Edna Anica wrote: "LOL No problem. If you didn't like Faith, I am curious what you think of Talin... *hides*"

She was a little boring especially after book 1...I hate to say it but I compared her to Sascha. I couldn't help it bc to me it was just too similar if you look at the personalities and the romance.

message 6: by Ami (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ami Faith doesn't improve in the next books *LOL*. She and Talin are my least favorite female characters in the series.

Edna Oh crap. LOL.

Anica But to me, Faith kicked more ass than Talin who just annoyed the hell out of me.