Lois's Reviews > Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible, and What He Wants to Do with You

Twelve Extraordinary Women by John MacArthur

F_50x66
Nov 17, 09

Read in November, 2009

Using this book as a guide for our Wednesday morning Bible study has blessed my soul. To think that God used women who were living in sin,
women who previously rejected Him as well as women of prayer and women who sought his Holy Name as vessels to glorify the name of Jesus! To any woman who is downtrodden or pondering their faith, I recommend this book. To any woman who wants to know more about how God used women in a positive way, I recommend this book. I learned that Eve was a counterweight, not subserviant to Adam, that Anna waited/prayed over 80 years to see the Promised Son of God appear, that Rehab claimed His Name and helped save her family, that Hannah was passionate persistent and patient waiting to become pregnant with Samuel, that Mary Magdalene was possessed by 7 demons until she was saved through the grace of Jesus, that Mary the Mother of Jesus never was boastful or prideful about giving birth to Jesus, and so much more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twelve Extraordinary Women.