Bobbi Woods's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Nov 20, 09

Read in November, 2009

Finishing this book was like finishing the last book in the Harry Potter series--I was devastated knowing there will be no more!

Stieg Larsson did such an incredible job of wrapping up the first two books in the series with this one. It was 602 pages of incredible "can't get enough of these great characters" good stuff. The first two books each had their own journalism adventure/theme. This book takes all the loose ends in the first two books, continuing where the second book left off (quite a cliffhanger!), and ties them all up in a neat little package. Other than a little too much boring "meat" in the middle about the structure of the Swedish government and the Secret Police, Hornet's Nest is extremely well-written, as well as exciting. No guilt!

Lisbeth Salander has got to be one of the most awesome heroines in modern literature--she is so incredibly invincible. Mikael Blomvkist is also someone I could not get enough of. I can't wait to see who plays these two in the movies! (I have no word on this--just crossing my fingers that there will someday be movies!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jane There's a Swedish film of the first one that was showing a couple of weeks ago at some art theater in DC. I can't wait to read this last one!

message 2: by Barner (new)

Barner I am reading Nevada Barr right now cuz of Jane's review and will look for this series next: it sounds wonderful!!!!! I will think of your family this Thanksgiving--so good we could share last year with you.