Marina's Reviews > The Cay

The Cay by Theodore Taylor

Nov 18, 09

This book is really interesting. If I where the author I would never come out with this idea. I love this book since the beginning. This book is about a boy named Philip who is in the middle of a war and his father is in the battle. One day his mother and father where talking and came up with the idea to go to live for a few months to a safer place. When they get on the ship a torpedo falls in the boat and he gets lost and separate with his mom and he gets lost in the sea with Timothy, a black man who was boarding the same ship as Philip. They both land in an island all alone and help each other. Philip loses his sight after the bomb. They go through a lot of problems and different types of adventures in the lonely desert island. All they knew about the island is that they stated that the island was located in the Caribbean. They spent a lot of time in the island. After a few months a big hurrican3e happen to hit the island. If you want to know what happens to them read the book.
I learned in this book that you shouldn’t judge people based on their color and ways of living.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cay.