Margot's Reviews > The Body

The Body by Stephen King

F 50x66
Nov 17, 2009

liked it

I like this book because it's original. I have never read a Stephen king's book before because I don't really enjoy horror and science fiction, however i like the body.
Definitely the story side of the story is the dead boy who has never been found and lies somewhere. The four boy live an unforgettable adventure. My feeling is that those friends are brave: they are about to die several times but their termination save them. although everything can happen to the boys, their friendship is strong; I found the relationship between Chris and Gordie so pure and honest;
In my opinion this story is sobering; it's a story that really reflects on life experience as well; it may me a story about kids but we recognize thought them.
On the other hand the book is funny. It makes a diversified book. Boys often say rude worlds like "leaches".
This reflects also about growing-up in the 50s.One of those boys as a crazy father; so I advice this book for everyone who wants to scared a great adventure and be a little scared.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Emily deserves 5 stars

message 2: by Brooks (new)

Brooks You could consider this to be a science fiction. Why? Well, the dead body would obviously be decomposed by the time they got there, especially during the time of season. This is obviously a joke. My point is: don't judge a story by its genre.

Dennis Koniecki What's rude about leeches?