Megan's Reviews > Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow

Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George

Nov 16, 09

Read in November, 2009

The author of "Dragon Slippers" takes on a Norwegian fairy tale in Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow. Pika is the youngest in her family -- unwanted by her mother, she isn't even given a name. Pika just means "girl" in her native tongue. When a polar bear arrives and promises the family riches if 17-year-old Pika will live with him in a palace for a year and a day, they quickly agree. Pika finds many mysteries at the palace and is determined to get to the bottom of them. Talking animals, evil trolls, true love... Rated G, it's a light, quick read.

This was well written and I really enjoyed it. I have so many questions, though.

The questions below contain spoilers, so don't read them if you don't want the book spoiled.

===========================================

How did the men become isbjorns?
What do the isbjorns eat since they make a point that he never eats more than dessert with her?
Why does Hans Peter come home rather than going to search for Tova?
If Asher is the prince of Pika's country, wouldn't she have heard of his disappearance? Wouldn't the whole country be searching for him?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Olivia I don't currently have the book in front of me, but when Tova changed the spell on the coat, it was changed to read something along the lines of, "Run far away, never look back. Never see, Never forget"
At the beginning of the book, there is a few lines of dialogue between her father and the neighbor about the missing prince.
The troll queen cast a spell on the isbjorns to make them that way.