Stacey's Reviews > Half Broke Horses

Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls

Jan 27, 10

Read in January, 2010

If you read and loved "The Glass Castle", you will enjoy this. It was great to put into context what made Walls' family so C.R.A.Z.Y!! I also gained a whole new perspective on her mother's wild spirit and how her childhood affected the decisions she made as an adult. Now I'm dying to read "The Glass Castle" again with these new found insights... very well done.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half Broke Horses.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Lisa Hi Stacey, haven't talked to you forever! I'm glad to see your review for this book; I have it on my wishlist on Amazon but was waiting for one of my friends to read it first:) I was so disturbed/morbidly fascinated by The Glass Castle...not sure if I can handle more of the same:)

Stacey Yes, you should read this book! I actually enjoyed it more than her first book... and it's not at all disturbing the way Glass Castle is, in fact, it's quite inspirational (Did you happen to read These is my words? Walls' grandmother totally reminds me of a real-life version of Sara from that book!). You'll love it!

p.s. Do you still have my copy of Loving Frank? I'd love to come grab it and also see your new digs! It's been too long... :)

Lisa Yes, I still have your copy of Loving Frank, it's sitting in my bookcase like I think it's mine or something:( So sorry about that, I didn't mean to keep it this long...I've thought about running it by your place a thousand times! Why don't you come grab it and see the house? I realize I should bring it to you and save you the trip, but then you can't see the remodel, so come soon! Just let me know in advance, so you can see everything at its best:)

Amanda funny that you, too, want to reread "The Glass Castle." I have the EXACT same itch right now!