Danielle's Reviews > Single White Vampire

Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands

Nov 16, 09

bookshelves: urban-fantasy-fiction
Read in November, 2009

Is it weird that I read this book four years ago but could not remember because the cover had been changed!!! I still enjoyed reading it again though (always a sign of a good book)!!! I found this book to be quite different from Vampires Are Forever (Argeneau #8) and Vampire Interrupted (Argeneau #9). I found a great deal of inconsistencies. Firstly, Lynsay Sands stated in Vampires are Forever and Vampire Interrupted, that Vampires ate after meeting their lifemate. However, here Lucern says that he, like the rest of his family ate. Also in the Vampires are Forever and Vampires Interrupted, it was explained that a vampire could only not read the mind or his or her lifemate. However, in this book Lucern does not automatically realize that Kate is his lifemate even after he fails to read her mind. In fact Lynsay Sands explains his inability to read her mind by simply claiming that Kate had a strond mind. Contradiction anyone?

However, because I really liked this story I excused all the contradictions between Single White Vampire, Vampires are Forever and Vampire Interrupted as author's creative license. Maybe Lynsay Sands realized that the idea that a vampire only had one lifemate, who is choosen for you by fate/destiny?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Single White Vampire.