paula's Reviews > Ship Breaker

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi

Mar 15, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, great-books-for-teens, favorites
Read in November, 2009

You want my one-line recommendation? This is the most exciting book I have read since Emma Clayton's The Roar. Action, plot, an interesting world... deeper questions of what makes family, what makes a person valuable, and to whom and to what do we owe our loyalty... oh man. I am totally hoping there is a second book.

Full review on Pink Me: http://pinkme.typepad.com/pink-me/201...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ship Breaker.

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Zeke I so want to read this book now...and The Roar. I'd not heard of Emma Clayton until now. Thanks for the recommendation.

Z

paula Zeke, I promised it to PG... but I can't find it now! I might have given it to a 7th grader I know. It's out in May I think.

Zeke no problem. I have plenty to read right now. I will just have to remember to track it down in May.

Zeke finally got around to reading it. I'm really hoping this is a series. Surely there will be more!

paula Zeke, next in the super-exciting J/YA adventure reading list is Dark Life by Kat Falls. It's kind of old-fashioned and sci-fi at the same time.

Yeah I want more about Nailer, mostly so I can say "Bacigalupi" as often as possible!

Zeke I often bemoan the whole "series" thing but I definitely want more Nailer and TOOL! You'll have to teach me to say Bacigalupi, not even sure I can get all those syllables with my Georgia drawl. Putting "Dark Life" on my wish list now.

Zeke PS: now that I looked up "Dark Life," I'm realizing I'm in luck. I saw it sitting around the house somewhere. Anna must have checked it out recently! Guess she'd also heard of it.

message 1: by Md (new) - rated it 5 stars

Md I agree, this is an amazing book filled with an adventure and the way Nita and Nailer's relationship is created is just wonderful. I loved the ending too. I was not expecting it.