Kristin's Reviews > Club Dead

Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

Feb 14, 10

bookshelves: i-own
Read in January, 2010

Sookie, who is quickly becoming a top contender on my "Most badass chicas of all time list", embarks on another big adventure! The honeymoon is apparently over when her vamp lover becomes overworked with a cryptic project he's doing for the Queen of Louisiana. He takes a trip Jackson, MS and is quickly kidnapped, Sookie is asked by Eric to rescue him.

Ok, you may be wondering why she is being asked to save her boyfriend. Let just say that she found out Bill had plans on doing something that totally would had you straddling the fence on whether to go and save him or stay put and let 'em do as they please. But come on, this is Sookie Stackhouse--she makes Bella Swan look like kiddie show with clowns and all that hoo-dah--for reals! So! Miss Stackhouse is set to take a trip to Jackson with a total Alpha male of a werewolf, Alcide (pronounced Al-see). And what do you know? She can her list of Places-I-Never-Wanna-Visit-Again-Because-It-Was-Hell.

I've never been big on Bill. His actions in this book just didn't make sense to me... but steering left so I won't give something significant away) anyway I've always been a viking groupie (Eric) but during this book, I guess I can go on and say I've also turned into is wolf girl! The whole book I was hoping Sookie would just throw big man back on the bed and take him good and hard.

Whoa. Pardon my language but Alpha males make me crazy, they just set my mind on fire.

The writing is quick to the point and not so awkward, so the story aside, it's another reason why I enjoyed it more.

I'm starting to love this series. Every time I crack one of these books open, it feels like I went on an automatic vacation to fantasy world. And I love fantasy world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Club Dead.

Quotes Kristin Liked

Charlaine Harris
“You are speaking of my future lover. Be more respectful.”
Charlaine Harris, Club Dead

Charlaine Harris
“You take I-55 south, and you'll run into I-20. Or you could take..."

I was about to be overloaded with information. "Oh that sounds just perfect. Let me do just that, or I'll lose track."

Sure, glad I could help."

Oh, you surely did."

We beamed at each other, just two nice women. I had to fight an impulse to say "I have a tortured vampire in my trunk," out of sheer giddiness.”
Charlaine Harris, Club Dead

01/13/2010 page 260
94.89% ""Water, water everywhere nor a drop to drink," *giggles*"