Julia's Reviews > Evil?

Evil? by Timothy Carter

Nov 16, 09

bookshelves: appropriate-for-high-school, fantasy, religion
Read in November, 2009

This book is totally irreverant and fairly raunchy, yet a fun & light (not difficult) read.

I mean, read the summary - a town goes psycho because of the influence of fallen angels and wants to smite down all the teens who are discovered to commit the Sin of Onan (i.e. masturbation). To top it off, our protaginist is an "out" homosexual who, not liking what he hears at church & Christian school, verifies things by summoning a demon that he binds to himself to tell only the truth. So, if you're looking for something funny & the topics above don't offend you, go for it (but in good conscience, I have to say I wouldn't recommend it for under about 15-16 years old).

FYI, there is no sexual activity other than the masturbation in the book & the priest at the church is by far the most understanding person in the town (the protaganist feels comortable enough with him to confide his demon summoning - though the priest's acceptance of that certainly feels artificial). This book doesn't seem to condemn religion or faith, but rather the misunderstanding of religion & zealotry in spreading misunderstanding.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evil?.