ElaineY's Reviews > All Man

All Man by G.A. Hauser

Jun 17, 10

bookshelves: mm, contemporary-romance, military-navy-themes
Read on June 17, 2010

This was fine right up until Chase and Gary met for their first date. From there, it was like reading about two schoolgirls.

It was rather weird, this sudden change.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Man.

ElaineY Just started this today because I couldn't find L A Witt's Best Man on my Reader. So far so good. Enjoying it...but was that the author who commented on a member, Katrina's one star rating? Whoa...tsk, tsk to both.

message 2: by JenMcJ (new) - added it

JenMcJ hmmm...interested to see what you think of this one. I didn't finish it. I think I got to about the 50th page and gave up.

ElaineY JenMcJ wrote: "hmmm...interested to see what you think of this one. I didn't finish it. I think I got to about the 50th page and gave up."

Oh really. Now, you've got me curious. I'm only one chapter in so it's hard to tell.

ElaineY I posted my brief review. So...tell me, what was your reason for dumping it?

message 5: by JenMcJ (new) - added it

JenMcJ I think that is where I abandoned it. They are at that chain restaurant and the PT guy starts crying about the soldier leaving to Afghanistan (or where ever). Two high school lovers couldn't have possibly been more melodramatic...after knowing each other for a matter of days.

ElaineY JenMcJ wrote: "I think that is where I abandoned it. They are at that chain restaurant and the PT guy starts crying about the soldier leaving to Afghanistan (or where ever). Two high school lovers couldn't have p..."

Yes!!! That's exactly where I started rolling my eyes. They were at some Italian restaurant, right? It was their first date and until that day, they hadn't even spoken to each other. But even that's beside the point. It was the schoolgirl melodrama over the OUTCONUS posting that did it in.

Man...I really need to find a book where the men behave like men.

message 7: by JenMcJ (new) - added it

JenMcJ well, men are men and it's tear jerker, but I am reading Dark Horses right now.