Amy's Reviews > The Vampire's Assistant

bookshelves: 10th-grade-books
Read in September, 2009

The Vampires Assistant
By: Darren Shan

Twilight? Evermore? No, this isn't your average vampire book. Not all lovey-dovey, but real vampires. This book has no love, but it had cruelty. This book has things that Twilight and Evermore hid from you. This is just the second of the twelve books.

Darren, the main character in the book, gives up his human life to become a vampire in order to save his best friend, Steven. Steven, in the first book, A living Nightmare got bitten by Mr. Crepsley's spider, Madam Octa. Mr. Crepsley is the person who blooded Darren to make him a vampire. You should read the first book before reading this. In this book, Darren is the assistant of Mr. Crepsley, he learns the way of becoming a vampire, learns the danger of becoming a vampire, and learns the behavior of a vampire. Vampires don't kill when they feed, they just get enough blood to satisfy them. If I was Mr. Crepsley, I would be patient with Darren because Darren became a vampire at such a young age. Patience is needed to teach someone that became blooded at the age of 14.

I absolutely loved this book. I borrowed the whole series at once, just so I can finish it all within about 5 days, so I don't need to leave myself hanging. Although I've reread this book tons and tons of times, I still get the same feeling when certain things happen. This book can't compare to Harry Potter though, cause that is my first favorite book. I loved this book because it was interesting to see how many different kinds of vampire books are there.

I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn't like Twilight. This book has a bit of love in it, but isn't all over love like Twilight. Every library has this book, probably even the school library. This book is so awesome, don't miss a chance to read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire's Assistant.

05/04/2016 marked as: read

Emelie But... there are no vampires in Evermore oO'?