Shawna's Reviews > Home for the Holidays

Home for the Holidays by Sarah Mayberry

5 stars – Contemporary Romance

This is the third Harlequin romance I’ve read by Sarah Mayberry, and I’m happy to say that so far her books are a strong 3 for 3 for me in terms of earning 5 stars. I’m continually impressed by the level of character development and realistic, honest drama that’s conveyed in her stories. And she wowed me once again with this sweet, emotive story of a hot, responsible widower with two kids trying to forge a tentative, yet hopeful friendship (and then inevitable relationship) with his sexy new neighbor.

After losing his wife 2 years ago, Joe Lawson never expected to find love and happiness again, especially with an independent younger woman who’s a bold spitfire like tomboy biker and mechanic Hannah Napier, but life is full of surprises and Hannah might be exactly what Joe and his family needs. I loved everything about this story. Joe makes such a swoon-worthy, wonderful hero, Hannah is a strong, yet vulnerable heroine, Joe’s troubled, grief-stricken 13-year-old son Ben and adorable, spirited 10-year-old daughter Ruby add depth to the story, the relationship progression between Joe and Hannah is realistically paced, and the romance is steamy, yet tender.

Home for the Holidays is a heartwarming contemporary romance that packs a real emotional wallop and had me shedding a few tears more than once. I highly recommend this engaging, touching Harlequin quick read romance that’s a perfect story for the holiday season! 5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home for the Holidays.

12/02/2009 page 106
43.27% "Sarah Mayberry hasn't let me down yet for a great HQ fix!"
12/03/2009 page 256
100% "Loved it! Another winner from Mayberry! Review to follow."

message 1: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee Looks like I have another one to get.:) Great review, Shawna!

Shawna Thanks Auntee! I think you'll love this one! :)

message 3: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Awesome review Shawna! Is this a reunion romance? I would think so given the title ...

Shawna Thanks Tammy! Not really in the typical sense of being apart from before and then reunited at the beginning, but yes, there is a "reunion" that occurs during the story.

message 5: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae Great review, Shawna:)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Very good review, Shawna. I definitely want to read this one.

Shawna Thanks Daisiemae & Danielle! :)

message 8: by Rane (new) - added it

Rane Great Review Shawna! *adds note to pick this up soon!*

Shawna Thanks Rane!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lovely review Shawna :D I'm getting this one :)

Shawna Thanks, Blacky! It's a good holiday comfort read. I hope you enjoy it!