Melindeeloo's Reviews > Finding the Lost

Finding the Lost by Shannon K. Butcher

Nov 17, 09

bookshelves: immortal_warriors, paranormal-romance
Read in November, 2009

I really liked the idea behind Butcher's Sentinels that powerful warriors who are nobly suffering to protect the world, are suddenly given the hope a of mate who not only offers relief from pain but who can fight along side him with an awesome power fueled by their union. This second book in the series follows Paul, who we met briefly in the Burning Alive. Paul is a warrior close to losing his soul and desparate to find another woman with whom he can bond before it's too late. He finds his potential mate in Andra who know nothing of the blood she carries and who is also fighting the same enemy but not to save the whole world from the evil demon Synestra, just to save one small child at a time.

Much more than the first book, Butcher had lots of different threads going and the balance between the supporting threads and the ones for the leads was a bit off in that while the story with Paul and Andra was fine, I was really intrigued by the possibility of some redemption for the doomed supporting character Madoc whose soul is already dying. And with a fair amount of time devoted to introducing other potential leading men, explaining why mates are turning up among the humans, and showing the plight of the blood drinking Sanguinar, Paul and Andra got shuffled off to the side. This hurt the romance between Paul and Andra, but certainly made me excited about the possiblity of several more books in the works - the next one's Zack and Lexi's.

I am also really interested in seeing where the subplot with Logan and the Sanguinar is going, I am hoping that they aren't going to turn out to be hidden villians despite obviously having their own agenda. I am surprised at how poorly they are treated by the warriors, when they have such worth as allies and I think that a few more books into the series it would be great if Logan got his own book and a chance at salvation too.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding the Lost.