Larissa's Reviews > My Soul to Keep

My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent

Apr 20, 2010

bookshelves: arc, to-review
Read from April 15 to 20, 2010

Rating: 4 & 1/2 starts out of 5!

This was by far the strongest book in the series in my opinion. I love Vincent’s writing and I buy anything she writes, she has an undeniable talent in storytelling, being it adult or Young Adult.

My Soul to keep starts off about a month after the happenings of the second book and we start off to seeing Kaylee finally free of her long month being grounded.

Kaylee and Nash go to a party at Scott’s house, a friend of Nash’s from school and Emma’s boyfriend. Doug, another Kaylee’s cousin’s boyfriend seems to be wasted but they are too late to stop him from getting into a car and driving off.

He crashes and in the aftermath Kaylee finds out that he is not simply wasted but coming down from a high on Demon’s Breath, a substance much more dangerous than anything ever produced on our world.

I really don’t want to give you guys any spoilers, especially because the surprises and twists in this book are one of the main things that makes it such a great read.

I loved My Soul To Keep and I have to say that I found out one of the biggest surprises before even Kaylee did, however that did not ruin the effect in the least. I am in awe to how much Kaylle has grown, she has evolved so much and in my heart the way she dealt with things in this book, makes her an amazing leading lady and true heroine.

I am truly glad there will be more books in this series and I can’t wait to read them. Rachel Vincent is an amazing writer and The Soul Screamers Series is a breath of fresh air in the YA world, if you haven’t read this series yet, what are you waiting for?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Keep.

04/15/2010 page 1