Larissa's Reviews > Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1)

Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jul 13, 10

Recommended for: UF fans
Read on June 12, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 3

I had learned of the Anita Blake series in a very unorthodox manner. About 7 years ago my grandmother gave me the tenth book (in English), Narcissus in Chains, and I just read it in one sitting. I was sort of in shock, because it was the first time I read sexually explicit scenes, but I fell in love with the characters and the story, so when I discovered it was part of a series I wanted to get the other books right away.

None of the books had been launched in Brazil, and at the time I was only able to get the following two books on Amazon.com. Years passed and I kind of had forgotten about the series. Years later my obsession with books in the supernatural genre began I decided to invest in the whole series. Glad I did, for I was then presented with a series that until this day, is one my favorites.

In Anita Blake’s world, vampires and other supernatural beings have “come out of the coffin” a few years before and are currently fighting for their rights in human society. Anita is an Animator, she has control over the dead and has the power to create zombies. Anita is also known as "The Executioner", the bogeyman of the vampires. She executes vamps who do not follow the letter of the law.

As a specialist in the preternatural world, she's consulting for RPIT, the police department who are responsible for crimes that are committed by or against supernatural creatures.

In Guilty Pleasures, Anita receives a job offer by the Master of the City that she can not refuse, especially since the life of a dear friend is on the line. Wrapped in a world where nothing is what it seems and everyone is trying to use her for their own nefarious purposes, Anita races against the clock to save those she loves and still keep her own head attached to her body.

Guilty Pleasures is the perfect beginning of this wonderful, fast, action-packed and sexy series. If you enjoy sexy and creepy Vamps, Zombies, Wereanimals and all those creatures that go bump in the night, this is an adventure you’ll want to join and never leave.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1).

06/12/2010 page 1
06/12/2010 page 1
0.0% "Starting my 3rd read of the series! YAY!"
show 1 hidden update…