☯Bettie☯'s Reviews > Masters of the Confluence

Masters of the Confluence by Nduka Onwuegbute

** spoiler alert **

He saw her silhouette and knew it was Anashi; there was no mistaking her physique. No one else in the village had her unique shapely curves; her height was shared with a smattering few, but the contours or the graceful way she glided was distinctive to Anashi and no one else.

It's my first giveaway win, sure, but it has a 'pull' anyway. Drumming on youtube

This is going on to Hayes in Italy next. I will jot down thoughts as I read and edit later:

Okay here we go... There is a guide/author's note entitled How To Read This Book, which I chose to ignore in case of spoilers (not to mention feeling pretty well patronised. To my mind it was as if I had been given a paint by numbers plan of action to accompany a Picasso) and I dived straight into the beginning which is highly noticeable by it's absence, or rather, it's barest existence.

So back I flipped to this authors note:

What you will not find in this book ...

There is no protagonist. There is focus on different characters at different stages of this book. There is a beginning, or the semblance of it.[...:]

---

Later - found this an abstract read but not without it's good side or points of interest. For me though, I would have preferred a less mystic/pomo writing style *shrugs* as there is an exceptional story hiding in there somewhere.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masters of the Confluence.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Hayes This is going on to Hayes in Italy next.

☯Bettie☯ Hayes wrote: "This is going on to Hayes in Italy next.

Goodeeee... but no hurry. After Christmas is fine and safer for the post. Liked the drums!"

It's a signed copy!

Hayes Curiouser and curiouser!

Nduka You are right Bettie,

There should be some form of "map", as you have so kindly suggested very graphically. Fact is; I did consider the map idea as part of my research behind the story, but I ran into copyright problems and gave it a rest.

The door is still open to the map suggestion. I very much appreciate this. You have done your homework. Well done!

☯Bettie☯ Nduka wrote: "You are right Bettie,

Hello there - I will say that this book has staying power - I find my mind dwelling on parts of the story (mainly the terrible injustices) long after I put the book to one side.

Thank you for letting me read, and your book will go far and wide under the books.with.a.passport scheme. Seasons Greetings.

:O)