Tippy Jackson's Reviews > New Moon

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

Sep 05, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, romance, re-read

** spoiler alert ** So here we get to meet more of Jacob. But really, you're just waiting through half the book for Edward to come back, because really, vampires with special powers are way more interesting than Jacob's pack. Of all of the twilight books, this was my least favorite because of the way Bella was acting. I can't stand her near-death attitude. Really, that helpless-nothing-really-matters-except-my-man attitude was crushing the feminist in me. Followed by the equally annoying wannabe Romeo and Juliet moment with Edward attempting to kill himself because he couldn't live in a world without Bella. Except Stephenie Meyer is no Shakespeare, and I actually hated Romeo and Juliet. Fortunately, once again the interesting vampire world and fights saved the day. The horrifying Victoria kept you on your toes and Alice, as the only character who thinks things through, was crafty and fun.

A note-I have recently re-read this one. (2nd, 3rd,4th time? I don't remember. Not as many times as I've read 3 and 4) I realized that a big part of why I didn't like this so much was because I didn't like Edward being gone so long ('til almost the end of the book!). But I have to say, after having a couple drinks, it's a good one to suffer through. Not just because its bad, but because its sad. One part I particularly liked is when Bella runs into Laurent and has the irrational happiness that a vampire knows her name-any connection to the world she once knew. But come on-one of the Volturi has a gift to sense relationships and he is amazed at the intensity of theirs? What a crappy gift. Very unnecessary.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Moon.