Laura (Kyahgirl)'s Reviews > Crystal Soldier

Crystal Soldier by Sharon Lee

Re-Read: August 2013 - with every iteration I gain an even deeper appreciation for the Liaden Universe. I loved this book. Love the characters; Jela, Jela's tree, Cantra, Rool and his lady. Awesome

Review updated: Feb. 23/12

4.5/5; 5 stars;

I enjoyed the adventuring and excitement of this tale. Having read Liaden Universe books set in the future, I found it helpful to read this book and learn some of the history of the great wars in the universe, the 'designed' humans, DNA manipulation, psychic powers, military plots, evil megalomaniacs. Great fun.

At the end of this book, M. Jela and Cantra have become firm friends and shipmates. They have rescued the sentient tree from a dead planet and discovered that there are many others fighting to, if not defeat, at least, escape, the evil sheriekas.

Original review: Nov 2009;
The Crystal Soldier/Crystal Dragon duology is an excellent set. There was a surprising amount of humour in this story. I came to really appreciate the Tree and the history of the Liaden universe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crystal Soldier.

07/28 marked as: read

Kathleen Hope you continue to enjoy the audiobook. In my view, Collins was damn near perfect in these two Crystal Migration books.

Kathleen Still liking the audio?

Laura (Kyahgirl) yes. very much! I am on Crystal Dragon now and have just got to the part where they are starting their mission on Landomist. The voice that he uses for the errant scholar is awesome, just how I imagined her. The first time I read these books I didn't really understand the extent of the transformation that the aelantaza undergo. Mind boggling.