Emily's Reviews > Glass Houses

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

F 50x66
Jun 05, 10

bookshelves: advisory-2009-2010

** spoiler alert ** I really liked this book, it's interesting and captivating. It’s the first in its series and yet it draws you already. When I opened this book I couldn't put it down. Glass houses is about a sixteen year old girl named Claire Danvers, who enters college in the small town of Morganville. Her life in college is not as fun as it seems since she has already made an enemy that can kill her if she wanted to. Living in the dorm Claire knows its unsafe so she decides to move out. She finds this glass house inhabited by three teens, Michael, Shane and Eve, all older than her but they do welcome her in even though she's underage.
Life may have gotten better for her at that point but Claire later finds out Morganville is not what it seems. Morganville is not just the town for humans but the town for vampires too. in order to stay alive many people are protected by the vampires but in return they are the meal. Her housemates aren't protected and neither is she. Claire soon discovers that the vampires are desperate to find an ancient book so she is determined to find it and trade it for the safety or her and her housemates. But doing that is not easy, on the way she gets herself into more trouble with the vampires in town and she learns a big secret about one of her housemate, Michael and why he's never around in the morning. Now she's the only person who knows and he wants her to keep the secret but can she keep it? And can she protect her friends?
This book makes you want to read more. I recommend this book to everybody who's in for an adventure. Rachael caine and her cliff hanger in the end just makes you want to read the second book.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glass Houses.