Jody's Reviews > The Smart One and the Pretty One

Nov 14, 09

liked it
bookshelves: gave-away, review
Read in November, 2009

Once again I’m reminded that the straight up romance genre isn’t really for me. I don’t know when this happened, because I used to read almost exclusively romance novels when I was younger. But it seems a book needs a lot more than just a budding relationship to wow me these days.

Now, that isn’t to say that The Smart One and the Pretty One isn’t a good book. It was fine, really. The story of two sisters trying to sort out their personal and professional lives amidst a bit of a family crisis, The Smart One and the Pretty One is an enjoyable read. Ava (the smart one) is all business, doesn’t spend a lot of time on her looks, and hasn’t really dated in a few years. Lauren (the pretty one) on the other hand, loves fashion, dates frequently, spends way too much on everything, and has hit a low place in her life. When a family tragedy brings the sisters back together, they find that they’re not so different after all, and that they each have something to learn from the other. Throw in a few hot guys and watch love bloom… or in some cases, not.

The Smart One and the Pretty One is well written, with well-developed characters (even if they’re not all likable), and there are a few chuckles along the way. For those who like their romances light and fun, this book is for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Smart One and the Pretty One.