Michael's Reviews > L.A. Outlaws

L.A. Outlaws by T. Jefferson Parker

Nov 29, 2009

liked it
Read in November, 2009

I read this after reading Parker's "The Renegades" which I really liked. "Outlaws" really should have been read first since the characters and setup are the basis for "Renegades" so it kind of spoiled it knowing what would happen to the characters. This book concerns an LA County Deputy Sheriff, Charlie Hood, who comes across a woman who is in the vicinity as a possible witness of a gang jewel heist gone bad. What he doesn't realize is that she is also a colorful local stick up artist who operates in disguise under the name of Allison Murrieta the great, great, great grandaughter of the legendary robin hood thief of Old California, Juaquin' Murrieta and that she had earlier stumbled on to the scene and made off with the diamonds herself. What follows is a romance and series of double dealing attempts on her life from another person who is also after the diamonds.

I really like Parker's writing. The characters are all colorful and the dialog is great. This story had a fairly believeable plot and good action. I rate it better than Parker's "Storm Runners" but not as good as "Renegades"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read L.A. Outlaws.