The BookWhisperer's Reviews > The Sight

The Sight by Jude Watson

Apr 25, 10

Read on April 25, 2010

I recieved The Sight by Jude Watson as a review book from Scholastic Books. I was estatic to find that this is actually two novels in one. The first book being Premonitions and the second is Disappearance. These are the first two books in the a series; about a young girl by the name of Gracie. Gracie is not your typical girl after having been seeing visions since she was 10 years old. Although, Gracie finds herself fighting this fight alone after having lost her mother in a fatal car accident.[return][return][return][return][return]Premonitions follows a unqiue storyline. Watson uses Gracie's gift to work this story in reverse. She starts the story at the end, and works through the progression to fill you in on the remainder of the story. In this first story Gracie is a bit of a brat, but throughout the story you find many details explaining her past and reason for her hurtful attitude. I am exciting in completion to find that this character turns around, and that she begins to embrace her new home and life. It was intrigueing to also read a story where a victim can understand and sympathcize with the villian. Gracie uses her experience with Jonah to grasp the changes and struggles that she is experiencing her own life. This is a very twisted story, and extremely suspenseful. You will find yourself buzzing right through the story. I was anxious to jump right into the next story.[return][return][return][return][return]Disappearance is set a little bit after Premonitions. You find yourself delved deep into this story where Gracie has made a home with Diego and Shay. At first, it appears that there is no longer a struggle to belong and that Gracie has finally found a home. Though, you soon find Watson carries another bullet when a murder and secret past cause Gracie to have to question her new life all over again. In this second novel, Gracie is beginning to really work with her visions. Breaking them down and discovering what they really mean. This is author is a very suspenseful writer; and she is constantly putting Gracie in situations that make the reader cringe knowing that catastrophe is just around the corner. I would love to read more of this series, but it appears that there were no more books. [return][return][return][return]The review copy that I recieved of this book is The Sight; which is actually a new book that they have combined Premonitions and Disappearance that were originally released 2005. On to my favorite part of the review COVERS! This is a very attractive cover; the black and white image but the eyes appear to be glowing a purple. That is fantastic, it is very professional and eye catching. I believe that the image is very fitting for being novels about a young girl that has visions. Great cover for a great story.....[return]
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sight.