Kristen's Reviews > The Phantom Tollbooth

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

Dec 16, 09

Read in December, 2009

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Phantom Tollbooth.

Quotes Kristen Liked

Norton Juster
“So many things are possible just as long as you don't know they're impossible.”

Norton Juster
“I don't know of any wrong road to Dictionopolis, so if this road goes to Dictionopolis at all it must be the right road, and if it doesn't it must be the right road to somewhere else, because there are no wrong roads to anywhere. Do you think it will rain?”

Norton Juster
“Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”

Norton Juster
“Expectations is the place you must always go to before you get to where you're going.”

Norton Juster
“Just because you have a choice, it doesn't mean that any of them 'has' to be right.”

Norton Juster
“if something is there, you can only see it with your eyes open, but if it isn't there, you can see it just as well with your eyes closed. That's why imaginary things are often easier to see than real ones.”

Norton Juster
“Expect everything so that nothing comes unexpected.”

Norton Juster
“We're right here on this very spot. Besides, being lost is never a matter of not knowing where you are; it's a matter of not knowing where you aren't - and I don't care at all about where I'm not.”

Norton Juster
“Infinity is a dreadfully poor place. They can never manage to make ends meet.”

11/13/2009 page 58