Kaitlin Mcfarland's Reviews > America

America by E.R. Frank

Nov 20, 09

bookshelves: currently-reading
Read in November, 2009

So far this book is very interesting to me. its about a young boy no older than me who started off in a home with his two brothers. his mother was a crack head and was never home. the 3 boys did what ever they wanted ; not going to school drawing all over the house. the oldest brother was about 12 and he smoked and stealed alot. soon they gotten taken away from there home and put into foster care .
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read America.

11/20/2009 page 85
33.2% "im really on page 135 but i went back to get a better understanding cus i realized this book is GOOOOD :)"

Suzanne M Kaitlin,
I read this book this summer and really liked it. I especially liked how the author shows the character changing as the book goes along. That was really smart to go back and re-read part. What did you learn from doing that? Last summer I read a book that really intrigued me but I felt like I did not totally get it until the very end so I started from the beginning again and read it a second time - it was sooooo much better the second time.

If you like America you might like Life is Funny also by ER Frank; I liked it even better than America.
Suzanne
(a traveling teacher who visits Fannie Lou on Tuesdays)