(NS) - Heather Hayman's Reviews > My Hippo Has the Hiccups with CD: And Other Poems I Totally Made Up

My Hippo Has the Hiccups with CD by Kenn Nesbitt

Nov 18, 09

bookshelves: poetry

As I looked through this book, I immediately was wrapped up and lost in the writing. This is a great book of poetry that is guaranteed to have the children full of giggles and realizing that poetry can be a lot of fun. It is a wonderful text that shows children how writing poetry isn't as tedious of a task as often thought. In addition, listeners will enjoy the 39 poems on the CD that accompanies the book, which is wonderful for children who have not started to read yet.

After reading this poetry book, I was extremely impressed by the talent of this author. I actually am interested in finding other poem books he has written to potentially add to my collection as well. The poems are funny and short, which is the perfect combination for children. It also provides children with good ideas for writing their own poetry. Kenn Nesbitt actually teaches children that there is a poet inside each and every one of them. I cannot wait to share this poetry text with my students. I know it will provide some laughs to go along with their poetry experience.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Hippo Has the Hiccups with CD.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth It seems that this book might lend itself to an author study unit to share with your students.