Jeff's Reviews > Blood of the Fold

Blood of the Fold by Terry Goodkind

Nov 12, 2009

Read in November, 2009

** spoiler alert ** The third volume in the, from what I understand, now completed saga of the Sword of Truth. Another good offering from Mr. Goodkind. I find it interesting how confused Richard seems to be much of the time. He makes decisions based on information and reason and passion, but spends much of his time regretting the decisions he has made, only to finally accept that, yes, he did do the right thing.

I was elated at the end of the book when Gratch showed back up. I thought surely he had not died in the fight with the mriswith at the Wizard's Keep, but who knew? Not only did he survive, but he brought a whole bunch of buddies with him. And, about that time, we also discovered that Alric Rahl had actually created the gars to help fight against the mriswith! Wow.

Richard's relationship with Kahlan gets deeper, and finally, at the end of this book, the three of them (Richard, Kahlan and Zedd) are all back together! Along with a few mord-sith and D'haran guards. I got much amusement from the interaction of the three mord-sith, especially in the competition to be Richard's favorite.

I already have the fourth installment, but I'll be reading some lighter fare in between.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of the Fold.

11/12/2009 page 188

Roland I just finished reading this book. I agree with everything you said except Zedd is not with Richard and Kahlan. Isn't Ann and Zedd still off looking for Nathan?

Marielle Savoie yeah, was about to say the same thing. when it ended,Richard and Khalan were in Aydindril with the mordSith, and zedd was with Verna in the ten owls inn, telling people his name was rubin again and making up another story.

Jeannie Um actually he was with Ann, Verna is with the other Sisters of the light. I agree with your review, the beginning annoyed me but once I got past the first 100 pages i really enjoyed it.